What’s Included (and NOT Included)
What is INCLUDED in the price of our Shared Group / Private Tour?
- ALL winery tasting fees (saving our guests $$)
- Door to door service – pick-up and drop-off from your location (most locations throughout Sonoma and Marin counties and the downtown area of San Francisco*)
- An itinerary of great wineries selected by your guide
- Fun wine education blended with entertainment by a friendly wine educator/guide
- Tour at one of the wineries
- Eat lunch at a winery (food not included)
- Complimentary chilled bottled water served onboard the vehicle
- Safe and comfortable transportation in late model vehicles.
What is NOT included in the price of our Wine Tours (both Shared Group Wine Tours and Private Wine Tours)?
- Food is not included in the price of our wine tours. We stop at a gourmet deli where you may purchase what you would like to eat. Most guests spend about $15/person. Then we will eat at the next winery before doing the tasting there. Please visit our FAQs – Is Food Provided section for more info on this.
- Wine purchases and wine clubs are not included. While you are not required to make any wine purchases, or join any wine clubs during your wine tour, you are always more than welcome too! The wineries we visit definitely appreciate your business. Please visit our FAQs – Wineries section for more info on making wine purchases and joining wine clubs.
- Guide gratuity is not included. While not included, it is always greatly appreciated. We believe that tips should be earned! Giving your guide a nice tip is a great way to let them know they did a great job, and to express how much you enjoyed your wine tour with them.
Does Wine Country Journeys charge any other fees, taxes or fuel fees?
What are winery tasting fees?
These are fees charged by the wineries to compensate them for the wine they pour for you.
How much are tasting fees?
When you tour with us, we have you covered! If you were out tasting on your own, tasting fees are usually between $5 to $20 per guest. And some wineries will waive their fees for a guest who purchases wine or joins their wine club.
Are these tasting fees included in my wine tour cost?
YES! We cover all of your tasting fees. Unlike most of our competition, which makes you pay for your own tasting fees, which by the end of the tour can be $20-$80+/person more.
*Pick-ups/drop-offs outside Sonoma County are at slightly higher rates. Ask about your specific location.